The Beck River Kit draws inspiration from the black volcanic riverbed areas around the world, such as the Garrotxa volcanic area in Spain. Imagine the striking contrast of light and dark as you gaze upon this Riverbed, composed of dark, organic materials that are visually captivating. The mix of angular Darwin Black Lava Stones, with grey to black coloring, creates a moody ambience that will surely capture the attention of onlookers. The addition of strips of bark, twigs, and crushed leaves, along with shells in different subtle shades or showing bright white spots, create a visually stunning and dynamic substrate.
The Beck River Kit offers endless opportunities for nature artists to express their creativity and imagination. Whether you want to create a moody and dramatic ambience or contrast with bright green plants, this kit is the perfect choice. The carefully selected materials, including our dark, rich-brown colored Wetland Artist Cocoa substrate, are ideal for supporting lush plant growth, while the dark coloration complements the rest of the display.
In the words of the Chilean poet Pablo Neruda, “We need to sit on the rim of the well of darkness and fish for the fallen light with patience.” This sentiment is reflected in the design of our Beck Kit, where the contrasts of light, color and dark are used to create beauty and visual appeal resulting of the high contrast of the colorful plants and fishes.
The Beck River Kit is not only visually stunning, but it is also easy to manipulate and spread in your aquarium. The blend of organic and inorganic materials mimics the unique environments found in volcanic riverbeds around the world. The texture and composition of this substrate provide ample hiding places and foraging opportunities for your aquatic pets.
Overall, the Beck River Kit is the perfect choice for those looking to create an impactful and unique aquatic environment.
The mix of textures and materials provides endless opportunities for nature artists to express their creativity and imagination. Whether you want to create a moody ambience or Beck River Kit is the perfect choice.
1.Prepare Your Aquarium:
- Ensure that your aquarium is placed on a flat, leveled, and stable surface.
- Confirm that you have all the necessary components such as lighting, filtration, and heating systems ready to set up your aquarium.
- Now, you are ready to embark on creating your new scape with our all-in-one River Kits.
2.Plan Your Design:
- Gain inspiration from real-life riverbeds and aquatic ecosystems by studying photographs and conducting research on the specific biotope you want to recreate. You can also find inspiration on our social media platforms.
- Take the time to visualize and plan the design of your riverbed, considering the size and layout of your aquarium and the unique features of your chosen biotope.
- Research the specific requirements and preferences of the aquatic species you plan to keep in your riverbed to create an optimal environment for their well-being.
- Consider the placement of hardscape materials such as stones and wood pieces, imagining how they will interact with the substrate and aquatic plants.
3.Spreading the Substrates:
- Our Wetland substrate is ready to use. Distribute it in the area where you want your plants to grow, adding a thin layer of approximately 1 cm.
- Apply a similar 1 cm layer of the Riverbed substrate mix, covering the base layer. This separation creates distinct areas for nutrient-rich soil and cosmetic substrate, catering to both plant growth and the aesthetics of the biotope.
- This 1 cm base layer ensures a secure foundation for your hardscape while protecting the aquarium’s glass from scratches.
4.Place the Hardscape Materials:
- Arrange the hardscape materials, such as stones and wood pieces, in a way that mimics the natural formations found in your chosen biotope.
- Feel free to experiment with different hardscape arrangements to achieve your desired aesthetic and create a unique and captivating display.
- Keep in mind the visual balance and focal points in your design, ensuring the creation of hiding spots and sheltered areas for your aquatic pets.
- Finally, add the Nano Rocks around the larger stones to enhance the naturalistic scape.
5.Add the Remaining Substrates:
- Once the hardscape is complete, add the remaining Wetland substrate on top of the base layer in the planted area. Aim for a depth of at least 3 cm to provide sufficient space for plant growth. Vary the thickness of the substrate in different areas according to desired aesthetics and plant types.
- Finally, add the Riverbed substrate on top of the base layer. The arbitrary distribution of the bag content creates a natural riverbed impression with random densities and content mix, resulting in an easy, fun, and impressive way to create a true slice of nature.
- Maintain the lowest thickness by the front glass, aiming for less than 1 cm to achieve the best aesthetics.
6. Add Aquatic Plants:
- Before planting, moisten the soil to help the substrate settle and create a stable base for your aquatic plants.
- Carefully plant the aquatic plants in the substrate, considering their specific growth requirements and compatibility with the chosen biotope.
- Arrange the plants in a way that enhances the natural look and complements the overall design of your riverbed.
7.Fine-Tune the Design:
- Step back and assess the overall design of your riverbed, making any necessary adjustments to achieve the desired look and functionality.
- Consider adding additional decorations such as roots to further enhance the natural aesthetic.
8.Fill the Aquarium:
- Slowly fill the aquarium with water, pouring it gently onto a hard surface to avoid disturbing the substrate and plants.
- Monitor the water level to ensure it is appropriate for the chosen biotope and aquatic pets.
- During the initial setup period, the aquarium water may turn cloudy, which is normal. Don’t worry, though. Simply turn on the filter, and the cloudiness should disappear within a few hours.
Monitor and Maintain:
- Regularly monitor the water parameters, including temperature, pH, and ammonia levels, to ensure a healthy environment for your aquatic pets.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as regular water changes, to maintain water quality and remove any accumulated debris.
- Trim and prune your aquatic plants as needed to promote their growth and maintain the desired aesthetic.
- Keep an eye on the health and behavior of your aquatic pets, making adjustments as necessary to create an optimal environment for their well-being.
By following these usage instructions and properly maintaining your River Kit aquarium, you can enjoy a stunning and natural-looking aquatic display that replicates the beauty of real riverbeds and biotopes. Let your creativity flow and immerse yourself in the tranquility of nature right in your own home.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.