No more utility storage containers! Our Isopod Condo habitat kit contains everything you need for your isopods to thrive in an enclosure you can admire them in. This isopod terrarium kit comes with everything you need to be successful: our Micrograzer Foundation substrate, Micrograzer Staple food, botanical decor items, cork bark, sphagnum moss, and (optionally) ten roly poly’s of your choice!
The enclosures are made from durable polycarbonate and can be stacked without compromising ventilation. Feeding or misting the isopods is also still possible while stacked via the front-facing port with magnetic lock.
The lid has a cable routing port for added versatility. Want to create a mini-paludarium with waterfall? You can! The lid can also be secured with the included screws to avoid disasters when the habitat is accidentally dropped.
Your kit will spark creative habitat design with materials that ensure happy and healthy isopods. The Microvarium Isopod Condo is easy to maintain: add food once a week and make sure the sphagnum moss remains damp.
Paired with the optional Isopod Explorer Guide, this kit can be used as a classroom tool, minibeast nature class, or educational gift for kids wo love roly polies!
Each habitat kit includes:
- Stackable microhabitat made from polycarbonate (approximately 7.8×7.8x7in)
- Ventilated lid with safety locks
- Cork bark pieces
- Random botanicals (look at our botanicals page for possibilities but may include others not (yet) offered on the website)
- Micrograzer Foundation soil (contains two sources of calcium and leaf litter for optimal isopod health)
- Micrograzer Staple (contains a source of calcium and provides complete nutrition for isopods)
- Premium sphagnum moss
- 10 isopods or a gift card of your choice at a 10% discount (optional)
- Isopod Explorer Guide (optional)
If you are a teacher or educator, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for custom pricing and configuring your Microvarium habitat kits to the needs of your class.